Connections to Enemy Pie

“Enemy Pie” is a wonderful book written by Derek Munson and illustrated by Tara Calahan King. The book is about a boy who starts a enemy list after a new neighbor moves into the neighbor hood, Jeremy Ross. His dad tells the boy the only way to get rid of a enemy is enemy pie, but there’s a catch, he has to be nice to Jeremy for the whole day. The boy agrees, so he has fun with Jeremy all day, and by the end of the day realizes that he has lost his enemy. After hearing Enemy Pie, I can make a variety of connections. One connection I made was text to self. I can connect this book to myself because I’ve had an enemy before, but I was nice to them and we became friends. Another connection I made is text to text. In the book “The School for Good and Evil” the most popular girl in the village befriends the least popular girl in the village, by coming to her house with a basket of goodies everyday. This reminds me of how the boy offered Jeremy the pie. The next connection I made is text to world. This book reminds me of anti-bullying day, because it’s a day to stand up to bullying and make new friends. The last connection I made is text to media. There is a lot of mean comments on the media. But I think by being nice to someone on the media you can make a new friend. This reminds me of how the boy was nice to Jeremy and made a new friend. In conclusion I think “Enemy Pie” is a great book that teaches us how to make a friend out of a enemy.